1. Can online opinion solve all my queries?
An online opinion offers many benefits:
- Generally patients have to travel a lot to meet with a senior oncologist. Through V care cancer center the same senior oncologist review your case in 24 hours, and you don’t need to leave your home. You can get your treatment plan to your doctor and get necessary treatment right away.
- Many cases require multiple oncologists, especially when multiple treatments or organs are involved. Multi-specialty tumor boards are only available at the best tertiary care centers in the world. Without a tumor board, it is up to the patient to understand many recommendations. We enable experts to remotely collaborate on your case through technology, giving you online access to advice from world-class tumor experts.
2. Who can seek an expert opinion?
Vccc can be used by patients, caregivers and oncologists.
3. How quick would be the response?
The response would be very quick, 78% of patients get our recommended treatment plans after sharing them with their treating oncologists.
4. How can I track my case?
We email status updates to you at every step of the process. For example, you will receive an email when your case is sent to the experts and when your expert opinion report is available to view.
5. Does Vccc help with follow-up questions?
Our patient advocates are happy to answer any follow-up questions you have at any time. However, if a follow up requires additional expert input, the case may need to be reprocessed.
6. How does Vccc protect my information?
7. What would be the cost?
Please refer to our pricing page for details on associated costs and fees.
8. Will my insurance cover a second opinion?
Policies vary from provider to provider. We recommend checking with your insurance provider if they cover a Navya opinion. If they cover the service, we are happy to provide an invoice to submit.